- Residents are more likely to plan to get vaccinated now than they were in December. 60% of respondents were very or somewhat likely to intend to get a COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to them, up from 55% in December.
- Nearly 30% of respondents reported that they were more likely to plan to get vaccinated now than they were three months ago. When asked why they now plan to get the vaccine, the most common reasons were ease and availability of vaccinations and seeing people they know being vaccinated.
- Among those who do not plan to be vaccinated, the most commonly reported concern was unknown long-term effects of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Online scheduling may be a barrier, particularly for older adult and Hispanic/Latinx respondents.
- Nearly 90% of respondents are likely to continue prevention methods, like wearing a mask when in public, once they are fully vaccinated.
Governor Kate Brown announced vaccination targets to more fully reopen Oregon’s economy, setting a 70% statewide goal to reach Oregonians 16 and older with a first dose to lift most Risk Level restrictions. Additionally, beginning on May
Central Oregon Community College’s (COCC) 2021 commencement ceremony will take place on the Bend campus as a drive-thru event, beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 12. The event will be open to graduates of both 2021 and
A 12-year-old boy was arrested after allegedly threatening other kids with an airsoft pistol near Pilot Butte Middle School. Bend Police received multiple Tuesday afternoon near the 1700 Block of NE Neff Road and Larkspur Trail. “Officers
South Deschutes County residents are invited to apply for an open seat on the Deschutes County Planning Commission. The planning commission reviews land use policy and zoning regulations and makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners. Members
The State of Oregon received approval from the federal government to issue Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) for the 2020 – 2021 school year. This will provide more than $550 million in food assistance for approximately 572,000 children in