The Deschutes County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Monday, Jan. 31, to consider new residential recycling collection services for Waste Connections customers. Waste Connections’ service area includes residential customers in Deschutes River Woods, Woodside Ranch, Conestoga Hills, Sundance, Sunriver and Crosswater subdivisions and surrounding areas. Waste Connections is proposing to add new services for residential customers. These changes need to be approved by the Board of Commissioners because of franchise agreements for solid waste service providers in the County.
- Weekly side yard collection of glass and comingle recyclables collection in Sunriver at a rate of $14 per month
- Comingle recyclables, glass and yard debris collection in the Distant Rural Service Zone as a bi-weekly curbside service at a rate of $14 per month
- Glass and yard debris collection in their Rural Service Zone as a bi-weekly curbside service at a rate of $10 per month.
Residents may provide testimony about the proposed service changes and associated fees by attending a public hearing on Monday, Jan. 31, at 1 p.m. at the Deschutes Services Building, 1300 NW Wall Street in Bend.
Those who would prefer to participate virtually may provide testimony by:
- Attending the meeting via the Zoom virtual meeting platform at www.zoom.us Meeting ID: 860 9405 1665 and Passcode: 693034
- Emailing Chad Centola, Solid Waste Director, at email@example.com
- Leaving a voice message at (541) 322-7172.
2022 Balloons Over Bend Fri, July 22, 4-11 p.m. $7-$10 Balloons Over Bend is back this summer. The balloons launch in the morning and is free to attend and watch. Tickets are required for the Night Glow
The 16th annual Vintner’s Dinner is a go after cancellations the past two years because of the COVID pandemic. With delays in securing a winery and a caterer, the dinner has been delayed until July 8, a Friday,
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Jan. 17 President’s Day: Feb. 21 National Get Outdoors Day: June 11 National Public Lands Day: Sept. 24 Veterans Day: Nov. 11 The fee waiver applies to most Forest Service day-use recreation
Register now for Central Oregon’s favorite fun run on June 4th, The Bend Beer Chase! Cascade Relays has an exciting event coming up—the Bend Beer Chase. The Beer Chase will be hosted on Saturday, June 4th, 2022. This
The defending Special Olympics Unified Sports® High School basketball state champions from Bend High School will be taking their talents to Orlando, Florida next month to compete at the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games from June 5-12,