After a year off of neighborhood collections, Santa and the Bend Fire Department Santa Express are back spreading holiday cheer! We will be driving through several neighborhoods again this year with our friend Santa collecting food, clothing and toys to support the Salvation Army.
In 2021, The Salvation Army and Santa Express collected thousands of pounds of food plus much needed clothing and toys to help those in need here in Bend. Anything and everything helps, even if it’s one can of food or a small toy that donation will go a long ways to providing a good dinner and a nice gift on Christmas and a smile on a child’s face Christmas morning. The Salvation Army would like to express the need for gifts to be given to teenage age kids as well. Please join the Bend Fire Department in supporting our community! 2022 has brought more community need this year and we’re asking for your help and support.
Here is a list of the neighborhoods with maps for our nightly walks:
(maps available on our website www.bendoregon.gov/
– Monday November 28th – NWX, Shevlin Ridge and Shevlin Meadows neighborhoods
– Tuesday November 29th – Pineridge, River Canyon and Aspen Rim neighborhoods
– Wednesday November 30th – Foxborough, Larkspur, Sun Meadow neighborhoods
Drop off non-perishable foods, new toys or clothing at any of these locations. Boxes will be in place until Friday December 16, 2022:
- Bend Fire & Rescue Fire Stations – blue recycling bins will be at each system for drop offs:
- West Fire Station – 1212 SW Simpson Ave
- East Fire Station – 62420 Hamby Rd
- North Fire Station – 63377 Jamison St
- South Fire Station – 61080 Country Club Dr
- Tumalo Fire Station – 64725 Cook Ave
- Pilot Butte Fire Station – 425 NE 15th St
- The Salvation Army – 515 NE Dekalb Ave.
- The Bend Airport flight center – 63132 Powell Butte Highway
- Snap Fitness locations in Bend –
- SW Amber Meadow Dr, NW Lolo Dr and NE 4th St
- Starbucks locations throughout Central Oregon –
- Bend: Century Dr, Colorado Ave, Reed Ln., NE 3rd St and NE 27th St
- Redmond: SW Rimrock Way, SW Canal Blvd
If you can’t make it any of these locations and would like someone to come by and pick up your donation in the Bend area, please call our office at 541-322-6386 to arrange a curbside pickup.
Thanks ahead of time from Bend Firefighters Association, Bend Fire & Rescue, Cascade Disposal and The Salvation Army for helping families in need this holiday season. If you need help for this holiday season with food or presents, please call The Salvation Army at 541-389-8888.